From Medivia Online Wiki
Cooking is one of the skills which Medivia offers alongside the likes of Fishing and Mining, it is also related to Farming.
Cooking is a skill through which you can use a variety of Food items in order to prepare any number of Cooked Meals.
It does not have a direct impact on your gameplay, although it can result in long-term benefits and enjoyment.
There is only one way to begin cooking:
- Find NPC Beatrice. She is located in the Castle of Garrogat, on the second floor, [here].
- Participate in her cooking course. You can begin by asking her about recipes.
- Following her instructions, get a raw Salmon and a pinch of Flour.
- Once the cooking pot is heated, you can simply open the pot and place the ingredients required inside.
- When all the ingredients are inside the pot you can usually use a Wooden Spoon to stir the ingredients into a delicious dish.
- Talk with Beatrice again. She will now allow you to buy her recipes.
- You can heat up the cooking pot by using Some wood on it to start a fire.
- You need to learn a recipe by right-clicking it before you can try to cook a meal.
- Beatrice sells Sea Salt and Pepper for 100 gold each, required for some cooking recipes.
- You can buy recipes from other players or from NPC Beatrice.
- You can loot recipes from humanoid monsters (humans, orcs, minotaurs, warlocks and others)
- You can increase your Cooking skill by cooking meals. Some meals give more cooking skill points than others.
- The hp/mana regeneration effects from meals are added ON TOP of your regular regeneration.
- You can only have one of each type of meal effect active at a time (1 regeneration effect, 1 skill boost effect etc.).
As with all other skills, all characters start out with the base Cooking skill of 10. At this point, you will only be able to cook a few dishes (if you know the recipes).
More complex meals require a higher Cooking skill to cook.
The main ingredient of every known meal is fish. There are 12 different types of fish, all of which can be used to prepare different meals.
You can obtain fish through Fishing or by buying them from other players.
Other ingredients can be bought from certain NPC's or obtained through Farming.
Some recipes can be bought from the cook of the castle, Beatrice. She will teach you her recipes after you pass her cooking course.
Other recipes can be looted from humanoid monsters such as: Monks, Bandits, Orc Berserkers, Warlocks, etc.
Here is a list of currently known Meal recipes:
|10||Baked Salmon||1x , 1x||none||Instant||Beatrice|
|Spicy Sockeye Salmon Meal||1x , 2x||cures burning||Instant||Beatrice|
|Lionfish Meal||1x , 1x , 5x , 5x|| mana regeneration
(4 mana per 4 seconds)
|40||Exquisite Lionfish Meal||2x , 2x , 1x , 10x , 7x Exotic|| mana regeneration
(8 mana per 4 seconds)
|70||Exquisite Lionfish Feast||5x , 3x , 1x , 2x , 10x Exotic|| mana regeneration
(16 mana per 4 seconds)
|5 min||Shakirian Prayer, Alawar|
|55?||Baked Lionfish||4x , 10x , 1x||regenerates 200 mana points||Instant||Alawar, Goshnir|
|55||Breaded Trout||1x , 1x , 1x||fishing +5||240 min||Beatrice|
|55||Salty Breaded Trout||1x , 1x , 1x||mining +5||240 min||Beatrice|
|Perch Meal||1x , 4x , 5x , 5x|| health regeneration
(3 health per 12 seconds)
|Exquisite Perch Meal||4x , 4x , 7x , 10x|| health regeneration
(3 health per 6 seconds)
|120 min||Monk, Slave Guard|
|Exquisite Perch Feast||1x , 1x , 10x , 10x|| health regeneration
(3 health per 3 seconds)
|Bluegill Meal||1x , 5x , 1x , 1x|| mana regeneration
(1 mana per 20 seconds)
|Exquisite Bluegill Meal|| mana regeneration
(2 mana per 20 seconds)
|60 min||Elf Arcanist, Witch|
|35||Exquisite Bluegill Feast||4x , 5x , 5x Exotic , 2x , 1x|| mana regeneration
(3 mana per 20 seconds)
|60 min||Dwarf Geomancer, Priestess|
|Sweet Puffer Meal||1x , 2x , 3x , 1x||speed +10||20 min||Beatrice|
|Exquisite Sweet Puffer Meal||2x , 3x , 5x , 1x||speed +30||
|Exquisite Sweet Puffer Feast||3x , 3x , 5x , 1x||speed +50||20 min||Alawar|
|50?||Sweet Maris Feast||1x , 1x , 1x , 10x , 1x , 3x||distance fighting +3||120 min||Elf Sharpshooter, Hunter|
|50?||Cheesy Maris Feast||1x , 1x , 1x , 10x , 1x , 1x||sword fighting +3||120 min||Elf Swordmaster, Hero, Orc Warlord, Thaian Soldier|
|50||Bitter Maris Feast||1x , 1x , 1x , 10x , 1x , 1x||club fighting +3||120 min||Lightbringer Knight|
|50?||Spicy Maris Feast||1x , 1x , 1x , 10x , 1x , 1x||axe fighting +3||120 min||Dwarf Slayer, Dwarf Guard|
|50?||Baked Maris Feast||1x , 1x , 1x , 10x , 1x , 3x||shielding +3||120 min||Thaian Soldier|
|Batfish Meal||1x , 3x , 1x , 1x||turns you Invisible||3 min||Hunter|
|65||Exquisite Batfish Meal||2x , 4x , 2x , 1x||turns you Invisible||10 min||Warlock|
|Exquisite Batfish Feast||4x , 5x , 3x , 1x||turns you Invisible||?? min||Hobin Rood|
|80||Barbel Feast|| 1x , 2x , 10x ,
3x , 10x Exotic , 10x , 1x
|heals 2500 HP||Instant||Lightbringer Hero, Queen's Follower|
|90||Exquisite Barbel Feast|| 4x , 3x, 50x,
15x, 50x Exotic50x, 5x
|heals 5000 HP||Instant||Alawar|